COURSE TUTOR: Rupert Allen, DAC Secretary, Diocese of Leicester
This FREE training session, being delivered by the Diocese of Leicester, will talk through the changes that come into effect on 1 January 2016 when the Faculty Jurisdiction Rules 2015 become operative.
These Rules apply to: -
- Churches (both listed and unlisted)
- Churchyards and everything within them (including trees)
- Consecrated sections of local authority Cemeteries
The session is designed for Councils: -
- Who are Statutory Consultees under the Rules
- With responsibility for maintaining churchyards that have been closed for the purposes of burial
- With responsibility of local cemeteries
The session will will talk about the Faculty process as operated by the Diocese of Leicester and the changes that the new Rules will introduce about obtaining permission for works to take place.
DATE: 9th November 2015, 10am - 12.30pm
VENUE: Jubilee Hall, Anstey