An Introduction to Employment Law for Parish Councils
COURSE TUTOR: Chris Moses, MD, Personnel Advice and Solutions Ltd
This half day session will cover the following:
- Putting a recruitment campaign together, including job adverts, application forms, interview questions and selection process.
- Checklist for inducting a new Employee, including health and safety requirements.
- Issuing the right contract, such as permanent, part time, fixed term / casual, zero hours and self employed.
- Calculating holiday entitlements.
- Managing Sickness and Sick Pay.
- Addressing Grievance and Discipline issues.
- Terminating employment and notice entitlements.
The course is for both clerks and councillors/chairmen. We would recommend that as a minimum a representative from the council as the employer attends (i.e. a councillor).
£40 per delegate (member rate)
£115 per delegate (non-member rate)
Wednesday 22nd June 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am
VENUE: Online training