COURSE TUTOR: Jane Moore, Solicitor, NALC
This three hour session will cover the following:
- Background to post July 2012 changes and brief summary of previous regime (i.e. no more "personal" or "prejudicial" categories under law, just DPIs; some councillors still talk about those two categories)
- Post July 1st 2012 changes – the detail of the current regime
- DPIs – what are they, how do cllrs decide if they have one, and how do they register them?
- Current national issues (DPIs in planning matters, etc) – a NALC perspective
- Practicalities – issuing dispensations, amending codes of conduct, registering interests, deciding if you have a DPI, non-cllrs co-opted to committees etc.
Suitable for both Clerks and Councillors
£35 per delegate (member rate)
£110 per delegate (non member rate)
7th December 2015, 1pm - 4pm
Jubilee Hall, Anstey