COVID 19 - Getting your employees back to the workplace safely
Course tutor: Chris Moses, Personnel Advice & Solutions
This session is intended for clerks with supervision responsibilities and councillors representing the council as the employer (especially where they only have one employee) and will address the following:
- The current situation at the time of the session (including an update regarding the continuation, or otherwise, of virtual meetings) and the government rules regarding requiring staff to attend a place of work.
- The key stages of the government's road map, including dates, and the criteria which need to be met to move to the next stage.
- Making the office covid secure – what steps need to be taken before staff can be instructed back in to the work place (and if they have already returned).
- Making meetings "covid secure" – what employee considerations and safety steps are needed?
- Clinically extremely vulnerable staff – what is the situation with staff who fall in this category requiring them to return to the workplace.
- Vaccinations – can we ask staff if they have had them and is it better to wait until an employee is vaccinated before asking them back to the workplace?
- Refusal to return – how to manage staff who are reluctant or are refusing to return.
- Mixed working – the considerations to address with staff requesting a blend of home and office working, can the employer refuse or do they have to consider if the person is in effect making a flexible working request?
- Tax allowances – should employers give an allowance for home working, what tax allowances can be applied?
- Workstation assessments – are these needed if an employee is going to continue working from home?
£25 per delegate (member rate)
£60 per delegate (non-member rate)
14th April 2021 (1.00pm - 2.15pm)