Finance for Councillors
Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk & an accountant with 30 years' experience in public sector finance, who specialises in advice & training for the local council sector.
This session is for councillors only and is designed to give them a greater understanding of their duties with regard to the council's finances.
• Roles and responsibilities
• setting a budget and precept
• Financial control
• The Annual Governance & Accountability Return
• Internal and external audit
• How VAT applies to local councils
By the end of the session you will:
• Understand the council's duties regarding financial management
• Be aware of relevant legislation and sources of guidance
• Be aware of how the council's accounts are prepared and audited
• Recognise the importance of internal controls
• Understand how VAT law applies to your council
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
Your booking confirmation will contain a link to the online event. Please ensure that you log in at least 10 minutes before the session starts, make sure that your screen name includes your first and last names.
£30 per delegate (member rate)
This page is for county associations of local councils (CALCs) to book places for their members on online training courses, which are provided by The Parkinson Partnership LLP under contract to those associations. You should only use the page if you are a CALC member of staff, or an employee of a council that has been authorised to use this booking page by your CALC.
The prices quoted are only for councils that are members of their association. Bookings made by anyone else are liable to be removed without notice or charged at double the standard rate.
Changes to booking:
The booking confirmation should have a link to allow cancellation (minimum 7 days' notice) or transfer to another date if available (24 hours' notice). Any queries relating to cancellation or transfer should be sent directly to Parkinson Partnership, not LRALC.
Dates and booking form:
See here: https://www.bookwhen.com/parkinson