Granting, Exercising and Transferring Rights of Burial
Institute of Cemetery & Crematorium Management
The course focuses on the granting, exercising and transferring rights of burial.
Introduction to the course
- Getting it in context
- Benefits from having a proper system
- Does the Funeral Director need to be involved?
Getting your system going
- Setting up a legally compliant system that protects your authority
- Legal documents – Will, Grant of Probate and Letters of Administration, Transfer Forms, Statutory Declarations – Which one to use?
- Granting of Memorial Rights – considerations in light of memorial management issues
- How to gain the information required
- Obtaining the signatures required
- Family Disputes
- Drafting the Declaration
Discussion, Questions, Scenarios and Answers
The course is tailored to the needs of Clerks, some of whom are part time employees that rely on funeral directors and grave diggers not in the direct control of the authority.
THERE IS A MAXIMUM OF 25 PLACES AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK A PLACE PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY.
IF YOU HAVE BOOKED ON THIS COURSE IN ADDITION TO THE CEMETERY MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION COURSE WHICH IS BEING DELIVERED ON THE MORNING OF 2ND APRIL 2020 PLEASE NOTE THAT LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING A PACKED LUNCH WITH YOU.
Cost: £40 per delegate (member rate), £115 per delegate (non member rate)
2nd April 2020, 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Venue: Jubilee Hall, Anstey