Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk & an accountant with 30 years' experience in public sector finance, who specialises in advice & training for the local council sector.
Tim Light, Lightatouch
Tim has 29 years experience of internal audit with Hampshire County Council. A past President of the Association of Accounting Technicians, he has undertaken internal audits at parish councils for the last ten years and delivers training on related topics.
This session give councillors and clerks an understanding of the need for internal controls and how they work, with practical examples and case studies.
• Roles and responsibilities
• Financial risks
• Purpose of internal controls
• Case studies
• Examples of controls
• Review of internal controls
By the end of the session you will:
• Understand the council's and RFO's duties regarding internal control
• Be aware of the purpose of internal controls
• Be able to identify examples of internal controls
• Know when to review internal controls
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
£40 per delegate (member rate)
£115 per delegate (non member rate)
Thursday 9th December 2021, 10.00am - 11.30am
Thursday 13th January 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am
Wednesday 9th February 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am