Playgrounds and Outdoor Gyms to Remain Closed - Government
Government yesterday (13th May 2020) issued guidance regarding the reopening of open spaces.
The guidance can be found here
However, the guidance says that playgrounds and outdoor gyms must remain closed, as well as raising other issues for maintaining social distancing around parks and green spaces, which may include:
• High levels of footfall particularly in warmer weather, during the day and in dense urban centres.
• Addressing different needs of multiple user groups including pedestrians, cyclists, those visiting graves or remembrance gardens, young people, families, older people and those with disabilities.
• Restricted entry and exit points limiting the flow of people and potentially creating queues.
• Need to accommodate different users moving in different patterns across these spaces.
• Visitor car parking, loading and maintenance access.
• Ability to wash hands or hand sanitation.
• Outdoor sports courts can be open but people must follow the Government's rules on social distancing.
Posted: Thu, 14 May 2020 15:41 by Jake Atkinson