Local Council Planning for the Medium Term (FULLY BOOKED)
The course will be delivered by Jake Atkinson, Chief Executive, LRALC and Frances Webster, Training & Advice Manager, LRALC
This course is designed for parish and town councillors and clerks from councils that are interested in maximising the opportunities presented by the 3 year moratorium on "capping".
Many councils are not considering the opportunity for medium term planning provided by the government's announcement that it does not intend to apply the referendum principles (known colloquially as "capping") to parish and town councils during the 3 year period commencing 1st April 2018.
The course will provide delegates with advice and information on how to avoid spikes in precept/council tax during this period by planning council priorities and expenditure for the medium-term rather than year on year.
Topics covered will include:
- Information on the 3 year moratorium
- Current issues and drivers
- Ensuring proper staffing resources are in place
- Community consultation and engagement
- Budget considerations – what should we include?
- Visioning for the medium-term: where do we want to be?
- Planning for the medium-term: how will we get there?
- Resourcing for the medium-term: what will we need to get there?
- Support and services available from LRALC (including Strategic Planning facilitation, Job Evaluations, and Specialist Courses).
Please note that pre-course materials will be sent out to delegates which will require some thought to have been given by delegates to key questions before the course.
£40 per delegate (member rate)
5th November 2018, 10am - 1.00pm
Jubilee Hall, Anstey