Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy is provided to you by LRALC Ltd. which is the data controller for your data.
Personal data is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, photographs, videos, email address, or address). Identification can be by the personal data alone or in conjunction with any other personal data. The processing of personal data is governed by legislation relating to personal data which applies in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR) and other local legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act.
LRALC Ltd. will process some or all of the following personal data where necessary to perform its tasks:
• Names, titles, and aliases, photographs;
• Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses;
• Where they are relevant to the services we provide or where you provide them to us, we may process information such as gender, age, marital status, nationality, education/work history, academic/professional qualifications, hobbies, family composition, and dependants;
• Where you pay for services such as training, membership or publications, financial identifiers such as bank account numbers, payment card numbers, payment/transaction identifiers, policy numbers, and claim numbers;
• The personal data we process may include sensitive or other special categories of personal data such as criminal convictions, racial or ethnic origin, mental and physical health, details of injuries, medication/treatment received, political beliefs, trade union affiliation, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning and sexual life or orientation.
LRALC Ltd. will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept and destroyed securely including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect your personal data to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
LRALC Ltd. may share your personal data with third parties. These third parties have an obligation to put in place appropriate security measures and will be responsible to you directly for the manner in which they process and protect your personal data. For further details on who your information may be shared with and why, please see our Privacy Notices.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
• The right to access personal data we hold on you
• The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
• The right to have your personal data erased
• The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only
• The right to data portability
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
For more information, please see our Subject Access Request policy.
Transfer of data abroad
Any personal data transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") will only be placed on systems complying with measures giving equivalent protection of personal rights either through international agreements or contracts approved by the European Union. Our website is also accessible from overseas so on occasion some personal data (for example in a newsletter) may be accessed from overseas.
This Association of Local Councils respects your privacy. The information that you provide us with, or that is gathered automatically, helps us to monitor our services and provide to you the services that you are entitled to as a member of the Association.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Is my visit to this web site anonymous? Yes! Your visit to our site is anonymous (no personal information about you is recorded or gathered) unless you contribute to it or fill in a form requesting information. Each time you visit our web site, our system automatically recognises your domain name, but not your specific email address.
What's a domain name? Your email address might look like firstname.lastname@example.org, our system only recognises the part 'gmail.com'. If you have specifically provided us with your email, postal address or telephone number and do not want us to contact you in the future, please write to us (contact details are on each screen). We will then ensure that we do not process your contact information for purposes not connected with your initial enquiry. However, once you have submitted items to the site or completed a form we may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. See 'Your Rights' above.
Cookies and Traffic Logs
What's a Cookie? A cookie is small file placed on a user's computer by a Website, which logs information about the user and their previous/current visits for the use of the site next time the user makes contact. More information about cookies can be found in Guidance to the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which can be accessed by going to the Information Commissioner's website and following the relevant link.
What are Traffic Logs? We use traffic logs to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Links Our website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit which collect personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected on our website.