Year End Accounts & Audit
Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk and an accountant with 30 years' experience in public and voluntary sector finance. He now specialises in delivering training and advice on VAT and finance matters for the local council sector.
For officers who want to understand how to prepare their council's Annual Governance & Accountability Return and comply with the requirements of the audit process.
This session introduces the Annual Return and the stages of the audit process, enabling you to complete all the relevant steps correctly.
• Closing the accounts
• Debtors and creditors
• Assets and borrowing
• Internal audit
• Reviewing internal control
• The Annual Return
• Electors rights
• Publication requirements
By the end of this session you will:
• Be able to identify the steps needed as part of the audit process
• Understand how to close the council's accounts
• Understand how to complete the Annual Return
• Be able to correctly allow the exercise of electors' rights
• Recognise the need to review internal controls
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
£40 per delegate (member rate)
£115 per delegate (non-member rate)
Tuesday 25th January 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am
Wednesday 2nd February 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am
Thursday 3rd March 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am
Thursday 17th March 2022, 10.00am - 11.30am