Charitable Trusts and Parish/Town Councils - Navigating the Minefield
Roger Taylor is a Consultant at Wellers Hedleys Solicitors, a firm based in Surrey which has an extensive practice dealing with Parish and Town Councils in England. He lectures on subjects such as Common Land, Village Greens and Charitable Trusts for the SLCC and on other matters relating to the practice and procedure of Parish and Town Councils for a number of County Associations.
This 2-part webinar will give you a wider understanding of Trusts, and guidance for the trusteeship of charities.
The following will be covered in each session:
- Nature of Trusts
- What are the requirements for a Charitable Trust?
- How is a Charitable Trust created?
- Role of the Charity Commission
- Registration with the Charity Commission or HM Revenue & Customs
- Legal personality of a Charitable Trust
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Trustees generally
- Role & responsibilities of Custodian, Holding and Management Trustees
- Duties of management & liabilities
- Winding up or amalgamating a charity
- Dealings with Property
- Village Halls & Recreation Grounds
This course is suitable for all Parish Clerks and those involved with or would like to know more about Charitable Trusts and Members who might be trustees.
Cost (please note this covers both sessions):
£50 per delegate (members)
£130 per delegate (non-members)
Part 1 - Monday 3rd July 2023, 1.30pm - 3.00pm
Part 2 - Monday 10th July 2023, 1.30pm - 3.00pm
Venue: Online training